Saturday 26 April 2014

DreamWorks Animation


Growing up i would always get excited if I saw the boy sat on the moon fishing at the beginning of a film, this was because as a kid I knew that this meant it was going to be a good film. DreamWorks has creaeted many of my favourite animated films growing up including; Antz, Shrek, Chicken Run, Over the Hedge, Flushed Away, Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda and more recently the Croods. The have made a huge influence and contribution to the 3D animated feature films. They create beatifuly realistic yet stylised creatures and environments allowing audiences to indulge in a rich realistic colour and texture in a stylised animated way.




 I am always looking at ways other 3D artists have stylised and designed animal characters without making them too 'humanised'. Dreamworks has an abundance of inspiration for this throughout it's films over the years. I am currently working on building a lion character in 3D I previously posted on my blog. I don't want to get caught up in trying to achieve a high sense of realism here in form and texture.





Currently awaiting for the release of How To Train Your Dragon 2, which looks to be as beautiful in design and rich in story as the first, I am very exctied.


I definately encourage fans to go to schoolofdragons.com where members can creating their own viking character and raise a dragon to become the UDT! ultimate dragon trainer.