Saturday 26 April 2014

Sculpting Rocks & Terrain in Z-Brush




Recently I have beeen experimenting with making rocks and rocky terrain in Z-Brush and Maya. As I have never created such an organic environment before I have felt a little out of my comfort zone, therefore I have watched and read many tutorials on making rocks & terrain quickly and effieciently. When researching this I have also come accross many terrain and rock generating programmes which look really effective and useful in making and environment quickly, however these being quite expensive and trial products not allowing a transferance to maya I havent been able to use them for any final product. i have however experimented with a few trials which I found really useful just to get an understanding of the level of detailing required to create a realistic terrain.
Instead I have opted to sculpt the rocks and terrain using Z-Brush, below are some of the earlier results I was getting.