Tuesday 3 December 2013

Digital Painting

Having a traditional background in art and animation I have always wanted to transfer these skills into a digital format, I have now started to develop my digital painting techniques using a wacom and Photoshop. Being very interested in producing concept art for film and game, this has always interested me. I have started by reading such magazines as Imagine FX which provides help workflows and free brushes etc to help you as an artist. As I'm currently designing a female character I have by using the female face as my subject for now. In most tutorials for digital painting, I have read that under painting is a very useful method, by where you paint the subject in black and white rather than colour firstly, then add the colours on to. This helps you as an artist to see the tones and shapes correctly instead of getting confused and overly colourful in your paintings. Here are some pieces I have started.